Fellow OSUNO Members,
The Ohio State University Nurses Organization (OSUNO) is encouraging members in good standing to submit your name as a candidate for one of the open leadership positions for your local bargaining unit. The terms of office for 1st Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer and eligible Board of Directors positions are for two (2) years commencing January 1, 2020.
Open Board Positions:
- SICU UH/Ross, 4MICU
- CCT 10/11/12 (MICU, SICU, NCCU, PCU)
- UH Med/Surg Doan Hall /8PCU/ UH CNS
- UH Med/Surg Rhodes Hall, UH Float Pool
- Med/Surg Ross
- James PCU Med/Surg floors 14, 15, 16, 17 & James Float Pool
- James PCU Med/Surg 18, 19, 20, 21 & James CNS
- James/Ross Periop
OSUNO is a democratic organization where the members set the agenda. An elected Board of Directors is made up of frontline nurses from different practice areas across the Medical Center.
Members of the OSUNO Board of Directors are some of our most vital collaborators, working with fellow members and Ohio Nurses Association (ONA) staff to improve the working conditions for our members. Contributing your voice on the Board is one important way you can help advance our organization’s mission: advocating for our patients and professional nursing practice.
No matter your practice area or what population of patients you serve, the OSUNO in collaboration with the ONA has the tools, resources, and support nurses need to be the best they can be and to ensure that the patients they care for receive the care they deserve.
If you’re interested in serving on the board for the 2020-2021 term, or if you know someone who would make a great leader, the nominations are open through October 4, 2019. Click here to access the call for nominations today.
- Bimonthly board meetings
- Bimonthly conference calls
- Monthly Executive Board meetings (officers)
- Attendance at various events throughout the year- including ONA Convention (Oct 2019)
- Intermittent help with OSUNO members needing representation